PDA

View Full Version : May have scored a deal!

Supertrucker
11-25-2006, 19:47
Hey guys. I've got a chance to buy a '91 GMC burb with a Banks equipped 6.2. The body is great with only one small spot of surface rust and one small scrape. The interior is absolutely spotless and it has 179,000 miles. So the guy only wants $2,000 for it. Anything I should really look for before I hand over the cash? Also, what are some recommended mods that can improve mileage or performance?

Robyn
11-25-2006, 20:11
If the interior is that nice grab it quick.
I just bought a GMC 1500 Burb 4X4 and paid $3500
Its also a nice one with a near new interior.
Check for bad leaks from engine and tranny.
Smell the tranny fluid on the stick to see if its sweet. If its burnt smelling(not good)
But overall for 2K you cant go wrong and with a Banks turbo, what a deal.
Mine was in stock trim and I was real happy with the deal at $3500
Best to ya, keep us posted.
Robyn

Supertrucker
11-25-2006, 22:07
The best part about this is it belongs to my fiance's dad. He's only the second owner and has taken good care of it. My main concern is, I live up here in northern MN and it's starting to get cold. He tells me he's never had trouble starting it in the winter as long as it's plugged in and he religiously dumps Power Service into the tank. I've learned alot on this and other sites but I still have a long way to go. Am I correct when I say that this year has the newer glow plugs in it; the 60g's? Please tell me some more of your recommendations for winter care. It will have to sit outside as my house only has one garage stall and that belongs to my roommate.