PDA

View Full Version : got it running, still having problems

ttpost
04-20-2004, 15:02
finally got it running,lets see new computer,new glow plugs and relay.new fsd and relocated it to core support behind drivers battery.here are the problems i am having, i am not getting a ground signal to the fuel solenoid from the computer,i have power to it but no ground signal(i direct wired the solenoid and it fired up,althoug that was the first thing i did before replacing anything else and it wouldnt get fuel).i checked the blue and white wire with an ohmeter from the solenoid to the computer,it is fine.when i have the ignition off i have continuity out of the computer to ground,but i turn the ignition on and no continuity.i still havent got the glow plug circuit working, there is no power at the fuse.i am going to keep working on that.the good news is that the transmission i rebuilt is working great,125.00 compared to having it done for 1500.my original problem was a blown glow plug fuse after it sat for a few months,it wouldnt start.also i read that you should get a dtc code 88 (tdc) when you replace the computer and you have to program that in with a tech 1 scanner,but i dont own one,but i never got the code so i got it running anyway.drove it about 10 miles seems to be running ok, any ideas why i never got the dtc code and is it relevant?any suggestions would be appreciated, i hope i made sense of what is going on. thanks for all the help so far and any future help. rob

gmctd
04-21-2004, 03:47
Ohmmeters apply current in the milliamp range to the circuit under test - you're measuring a circuit that likely opens under the 1 amp, or so, that fhe Fuel Shutoff Solenoid draws.
12 ohms drops 12 volts at 1 amp.

I'd check integrity of each crimped connector in the circuit.
Should be four per wire, male to fenale - two in each harness connector, two harness connectors.

One connector where the solenoid wires connect to the engine harness, one connector behind the fuel filter, where the engine harness connects to the PCM harness.

Method is simple - give each wire a strong tug - wire should not pull out of the crimp, or the terminal out of the housing.
(If you're big as Arnold Schwarztenegger, give it a light tug!) ;)

While you're at it, check to see if the wire has been severely pinched somewhere along the length, as when something heavy has been dropped on it, nearly severing the strands.

[ 04-21-2004, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: gmctd ]