PDA

View Full Version : new or rebuilt injector pump?

eembry
11-18-2006, 20:45
I am trying to decide if I should buy a new ip or rebuild the one on my truck. I have a 1992 chevy with a 6.5 turbo. It has 128,000 miles I am also changing the injectors. It is getting hard to start after you drive it long enough to get it hot shut it off for an hour or so then try and restart. Also I have noticed since the cold weather is getting here it starts rough then too. It runs great after it starts. Could it be anythng else? I have already put a new glow plug controller, new glow plugs, a new oil pressure switch, and am in the process of changing the injectors with new G.M. injectors. If I am going for the injector pump where is the best place to buy a new one or get one rebuilt?
Thanks for any help I am kinda new at this.

Robyn
11-18-2006, 20:57
Many places can help.
Kennedy diesel advertises here at the page and is great people.
Call John and see what he can do for you
I am on the west coast in Oregon and use a local rebuilder for mine.
Rebuilding yours will possibly be less hastle and you can put it right back on and line up the marks and go.
A timing chain would be a great thing at this time too.

GOEHILL
11-18-2006, 21:05
I Am On The East Coast And There Is A Place Here In Buffalo Called S&s Diesel That Sells Everything For A 6.5 Td. A Rebuilt Pump Will Cost About $600. I've Delt With Them For A Lot Of Parts For My 98 And They Have Been Very Helpful. All You Have To Do Is Go To There Web Site And Contact Them About Your Problem, They Usually Reply In About 24 Hours.