PDA

View Full Version : beeping noise

nordy
11-14-2006, 17:28
I can hear a audible beep when driving my 2002 duramax after its warmed up, had codes checked by diesel shop they said nothing showed up, any help out there?

DmaxMaverick
11-15-2006, 09:23
Curious....Are you sure it's not a squeak? Do you have the E-brake partially engaged (should see a brake icon on the IP)? If it's chiming, there should be some indicator on the instrument panel. If it continues, try disconnecting the batteries overnight to reset the BCM. If the ghost hangs around, your BCM may be on the fritz.

nordy
11-18-2006, 22:47
Thanks Dmaxmavrick, I disconnected the batterys time will tell. Nordy.

nordy
11-20-2006, 17:07
Reconnected batterys the squeak or beep is still happening and a slight hesitation, excuse me for sounding stupid but what is the BMC you talked about DmaxMavrick is that the main computer brain. I remember when trucks were simple, those days are gone, perhaps I should go back to a gasser. Seems to be on thing after another with this diesel truck. Nordy

DmaxMaverick
11-20-2006, 17:29
The BCM is the Body Control Module. Gassers have them too. Unless you find an engine issue causing the sound, being a Diesel doesn't mean anything. The BCM should reset with power off for a while, as no errors are stored there. If it is still chiming, whatever commanded the chime is still present.

The BCM handles things like lighting, RAP (acc. power after the key is off), door switches, radio, chime alarm, driver memory settings (seats/mirrors/radio), etc.

If the problem is electrical, you can pull fuses while the noise is happening to find the circuit responsible. It doesn't sound to me like it will be electrical unless you have a failed sensor or something similar. That leaves mechanical stuff, and points back to squeaks. Could it be the belt?

nordy
11-26-2006, 08:53
Thanks Demaxmaverick, I took my truck in had the transmission serviced they test drove it with me riding along. The beep or squeak was less noticeable, the mechanic thought it might be one of the injectors not squirting well. He said to bring it back when his tech was there to put on diagnosis machine.

nordy
12-16-2006, 00:26
Well the beeping noise is still happening, I have had the u-joints replaced, front one was were worn and dry, Replaced them with good ones with zerk fittings the old ones did not have them. I replaced them both thinking this might be the problem sound, but too no avil. So the next thing is to have a mechanic run more tests. The noise only happens when truck is moving.

Mark Rinker
12-16-2006, 08:29
Did your kid leave their Gameboy, cell phone, pager, or some other electrical device under the seat? :)

My cell phone beeps when the battery is low, but that doesn't explain why it only happens under power, and why it is still happening after nearly a month.

Please list all aftermarket accessories on or in the truck. I don't think it is an OEM GM thing that is 'beeping' here.

nordy
12-17-2006, 19:38
The truck has been cleaned out many times nothing in the truck, however my key fob to open the doors only works once in awhile. I have too unlock with key often. The truck has aftermarket AFE air, 4 inch exhaust, hypertech power programer 111 and gauges boost & temp.