PDA

View Full Version : Slow-glow 12-volt glowplugs

stephen27
11-06-2006, 11:45
My truck was modified quite a fe years ago with a maual glowplug system using 12 volt slow-glow plugs like those used on the 5.7L Olds from the late 1970's.
Can anyone tell me where I can get replacement 12-volt glow plugs?

arveetek
11-06-2006, 14:14
Are you wanting to get replacement slow-glows? If so, I'd forget those and go with the standard fast-glow plugs being used now. Pretty much any auto supply carries these style of glow plugs for the GM diesels. The 6.2L and 6.5L use the same plugs. Make sure you get either AC-11G or AC-60G glow plugs. If someone tries to sell you AC-9G plugs, don't let them. The 9G's tend to swell up and break off later when you try to remove them. Also try to stay away from Champion plugs, they don't seem to last.

An even better source is www.kennedydiesel.com with his "Quick Heat" glow plugs. The price is really good when you start comparing them to auto store plugs. I just received a set last week, but haven't had a chance to put them in yet.

Casey

ZZ
11-08-2006, 22:07
My truck was modified quite a fe years ago with a maual glowplug system using 12 volt slow-glow plugs like those used on the 5.7L Olds from the late 1970's.
Can anyone tell me where I can get replacement 12-volt glow plugs?

The 12 volt glow plugs are 7G. I put them in my first diesel which was a 1983 Chevy Caprice in 1995. I liked them at the time because you couldn't easily burn them up. I had to special order them at the local parts house. The only ones available at that time was Champions.