PDA

View Full Version : what are the differences..

jmpidgeo
11-03-2006, 12:24
between my 1995 and a 1997 6.5 TD. I want the extra 50 ft.lbs that they got then. (mine is 385 IIRC, and they were 430 in 97 AFAIK). What is different, what do i have to do to get it, and who has done it?

a5150nut
11-03-2006, 14:40
It was a programing change. I replaced the chip in my 94 with what was avalable at the time. Along with opening up the exaust. Big difference driving in the mountains and a big boost in low end. If I were to do this now I would go with Heaths chip. But before you do get a pyrometer and boost gage so you don't let the added performanc eat up your motor.

jmpidgeo
11-06-2006, 06:20
It was a programing change. I replaced the chip in my 94 with what was avalable at the time. Along with opening up the exaust. Big difference driving in the mountains and a big boost in low end. If I were to do this now I would go with Heaths chip. But before you do get a pyrometer and boost gage so you don't let the added performanc eat up your motor.

I agree. I am workin on gettin a pyro, boost guage, and tranny temp guage for the a-pillar.

what/who is "Heath" I have not heard of them. a little enlightenment would be nice :)

a5150nut
11-06-2006, 21:59
Heath is one of the advertisers here on the board. He can program boost without using a "boost fooler", fuel curve, everything you need to make it run.
Kennedy is also an adveriser here and offers a chip too. YOu might try talking to both of them and see what works for you.

Bnave95
11-07-2006, 05:08
Heath is one of the advertisers here on the board. He can program boost without using a "boost fooler", fuel curve, everything you need to make it run.
Kennedy is also an adveriser here and offers a chip too. YOu might try talking to both of them and see what works for you.
Well Heath, http://www.heathdiesel.com/ is not one of the Advertiser though many do surport Him. Wounder why? He use to;)

jmpidgeo
11-07-2006, 08:16
wow. thanks for all the info guys, heathdiesel.com has exactly what i want. i am gonna work to get some gauges off the bat first, but then i want their full 4'' exhaust kit, along with their computer. according to their website, the computer (recommended for use with their exhaust) can add up to 150 ft. lbs. that would be pure awesomeness.