PDA

View Full Version : 6.2's in Tn

murphyslaw
10-24-2006, 00:58
"HERE" (http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=1013265&tid=GLSPPR4161) ya go theres 18 of 'em

trbankii
10-24-2006, 09:24
Seems like a "group buy" opportunity if someone could organize it!

Craig M
10-24-2006, 15:04
Government Liquidation usually sells the shipping container/engine in groups of one or two, not 18. 18 makes it so only dealers will be able to bid on them. Other government depos sell similar 6.2's.

murphyslaw
10-24-2006, 20:22
dont see why an individual couldnt buy them I bought one from them a few weeks ago. dont see why they wouldnt sell u 18. oh and I got the storage crate with it. for 148bucks

Lightyear
10-25-2006, 05:08
Wow. If they're any good, I'd be interested in one, if anybody bids and wins. Don't know where I'd put 18 of those beasts in the meantime, tho.

trbankii
10-25-2006, 09:51
Didn't see the "by lot" note before - thought it was for the "whole lot" of them and figured enough guys could get together to use them all...

Craig M
10-25-2006, 16:14
You have to take all 18. Yes a private individual can buy the whole "lot" of 18, but that is a bit much for most of us individual diesel owners. They usually sell lots of 1 or 2 each, not 18.

trbankii
10-26-2006, 09:32
:confused: Ok, now I'm confused... You have to buy all eighteen or you can buy one or two?

If you have to buy all eighteen, then we're back to my original comment that a group could get together, buy them all, and then divide them up amongst themselves...

DmaxMaverick
10-26-2006, 09:44
:confused: Ok, now I'm confused... You have to buy all eighteen or you can buy one or two?

If you have to buy all eighteen, then we're back to my original comment that a group could get together, buy them all, and then divide them up amongst themselves...

The lot is 18. That means you would bid on all 18. This sale does not accommodate selling just one or two. The shipping quantity shows "18 each".

The bid is up to $335.01 with just over 4 hours left. Don't let that bidder get away with that!! It will probably end just like Ebay. All bids in the last 5 minutes, and the final bid will be in the neighborhood of 10 million and change.

Subzilla
10-27-2006, 06:46
Someone got them for $1675! What a deal. Who's going own up to buying them? We'll have to keep an eye on the classifieds.

DmaxMaverick
10-27-2006, 09:49
Purchases like this happen all the time. Rebuilders like the Avants buy these on a regular basis.

Subzilla
If you see a connection in the classified ads, let us know. It would not be consistent with the rules of TDP, without prior permission. This is not a sales outlet. If a TDP member did make the purchase, there may be a possibility, but not before consulting with the powers that be. There's nothing wrong with someone offering an economic access to parts, but it must not conflict with normal/usual marketing practices. In any case, I think these engines are probably destined for Ebay, so watch for them there. That's what I would do if I wanted to turn a quick profit.

Yeah. I know. I come off sounding like the "class nerd", but you brought it up. Just so we are all on the same page, in case someone gets the idea to give it a go. Even if someone has good intentions, it may be the wrong thing to do. For the same reasons, "group buys" are also not allowed here. There are exceptions, but they must be discussed before hand.