PDA

View Full Version : Keepin' it runnin'

Lightyear
10-19-2006, 05:30
Well, the Mighty Mo has just passed 302K on the odometer, and I'm sure there are some thins I should attend to to keep her running strong. What maintenance should I consider, and in what order, for a 300K 6.2 with a Banks installation? I have to check my receipts folder, but I think the I/P is about 150K old, and the heads are about 200K old. The harmonic balancer is recent, but everything else is as-delivered. I'm open to all advice so I can come up with a schedule and budget to keep the old girl on the road. Thanks in advance,

Robyn
10-19-2006, 08:07
Love it and pat it on the hood every morning.
In all seriousness, sounds like you have been doing a good job.
If its starting well and is running good there really isnt much to do.
To just start repairing things is costly.
Daddy always said, "Ifin it aint broke dont be a fixin it"
Regular oil and filter changes as well as fuel filter, air filter, any worn or cracked hoses. GEEEEEEEEEEEZZZ Just cant argue with those kind of miles.
You might offer it a pint of tranny oil in the fuel tank every couple tank fulls.
That will keep the injectors clean and happy as well as help with a little extra lube to the pump.
Actually many truckers dump some in the tanks of the big rigs every tank full.
A pint per tank wont hurt it at all if you like. Just pour it in while your fueling to mix it well.
The stanadyne pump juice is spendy and I have been told on the sly by the Rep that tranny oil really works about as well.
best of luck

Robyn