PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new member with first questions.

RScottH
10-03-2006, 22:46
My name is Scott. I was a GM tech for a while but only had minimal contact with Duramax diesels. After letting everyone know that I would never have one (back in the injector leaking VIN code 1 and Y, internal injector days) I am now thinking of purchasing a new or newer K2500HD. Luckily for me I did give some criteria under which I would concider purchasing one and I have met two. I drive a lot (6000 miles a month) and I am looking at fifth-wheels and boats. I

So, getting one is the easy part. I could buy a new one and get everything that I need and if I have to wait until the new body style comes out before I get back home I will buy new. The problem that I am having is that I want to make sure that I get the power from the engine that only a tuner/chip can provide. I use my truck everyday for work and I have a laptop in my vehicle at all times. I am looking for a tuner that is PC based and has the ability to custom map. I have looked at the EFILive system and one that was not PC based which is an Edge product (which looked good for being non-PC based and had other features) but I haven't been able to get enough information to make a decision. Fuel economy is fairly important but when towing I want to make sure that I have the power that I need (or want). Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me any suggestions? Also, will these have any affect on other modules, like setting U codes?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

cowboywildbill
10-04-2006, 02:13
Welcome Scott, We had an 02 with edge. Now have an 06 LBZ stock. The LBZ pulls about as strong stock as the 02 did with edge on level 2. These trucks have plenty of power. I haven't had any experience with LBZ tuners yet, but I'm sure you will get plenty of input from other members that have.