PDA

View Full Version : new ip pump leaks

strawberry
10-03-2006, 19:23
I just installed a new IP pump it seems to be leaking from the allen screw at the bottom on the pump. I pulled the pump off the screw seems to be tight, I loosened it there is a o-ring on it that looks to be in good condition. I'm going to take it to a shop tomorrow, just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas on what it could be.

john8662
10-04-2006, 11:05
Could be leaking at the advance piston, the shaft on the end and bleeding down till it gets to the screw.

If it's under warranty, let them run it on the stand, it should leak there too!

J

strawberry
10-05-2006, 18:46
got the pump back the tech said the seals on the advance pump were buggered he also recalabrated it. I installed it truck seem to run good however I now have 1 injector that seems to be leaking from between the body and the nozzle I will look at it closer tomorrow

john8662
10-05-2006, 21:52
Check the return lines carefully, then check your connection on the injector from the line. But, like you've already suspected, it's leaking from the injector where it connects to itself. It'll need to be replaced. You might be able to remove it then tighten it up on the bench, but if it's warranted, have it fixed and re-calibrated to proper pop psi.