PDA

View Full Version : TPS Setup

strawberry
10-02-2006, 19:12
I have read the previous posts about the tps, I had to relace mine and was wondering if anyone knows how to do it for a 1982. I tried calling a couple of local diesel shops but was told that no one has the adjustment blockes anymore. Does anyone here know the size of the two blockes needed I know from a previous post that one is .645 but is ther not two blocks needed or are they both the same size?

john8662
10-02-2006, 21:31
700R4 tranny in that '82?

If so, just install the new like the old one was, in position on the injection pump.

If you don't have a reference. Just install the TPS where you can start to turn the TPS and it just baraly makes contact with the pin on the injection pump shaft (you'll see what I'm talking about when you get there).

Then tighten it up. Rember, just where it makes contact, not starts pushing against the spring inside the TPS.

I've gotten away with this a long time, but I do think the blocks thing needs to be answered. I do believe you could make one, since you already have the OD of the block in inches I believe.