PDA

View Full Version : Need for 6.2 Van - Aux Battery Box side plate

gavio
09-30-2006, 17:11
Hi All:

Here's another obscure Van-only part request........

It's for a G-20 van, '83-'95 vintage, with 6.2. The second battery lives under the driver's side floor in a special box that has a bolt on access cover to protect the battery (and keep it from falling out should the clamp fail).

Well, I need one - the cover, that is.

I'm adding a third battery to serve as a camping battery, and found a spare box at Pick'n'Pull (first diesel van I ever saw there - took me so by surprise, I looked at the engine several times before I even registered that it was a diesel!), but the cover had not been on it in a very long time and was nowhere to be found.

If any of you cats know the location of such, I'd be most appreciative......

Thanks as always.

Gavio

john8662
10-02-2006, 07:36
check out car-part.com and look for a 6.2 in a van and see how many 6.2 or early 6.5 (up to '95) you can find, then call a few of them and see how far parted they are and perhaps you'll find one that has the battery and all still underneath.

That's all I know, ain't got many of those running 'round here.

jogl
10-02-2006, 15:14
I'll check the local bone yard next time I go, there are a couple of diesel vans that I keep my eye on in there.

gavio
10-02-2006, 16:58
That'd be cool, Jogl (or anyone else, for that matter) - What John said is true, they aren't around much - telephoning usually gets a response like: "the factory never made them vans with diesels"

Ahhhh, Geez

Lemme know if anything turns up - I could always get one made, but I'd rather just put a check in the mail (or paypal or whatever) and have the UPS guy drop it off, ready to go........

Thanks again