PDA

View Full Version : Think This Fan Will Be OK???

ZZ
09-28-2006, 19:58
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=270030094619&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

I plan to put it on over the weekend. Will it be noticeable?

john8662
09-29-2006, 07:39
Does this have a bracket to keep the fan away from the waterpump? Didn't see one on the auction. These don't mount to your existing fan clutch.

You've got serpentine in your truck, why not the 9 blade 6.5 fan and clutch or dmax fan and clutch?

ZZ
09-29-2006, 09:07
Thanks, I was in the process of getting ready to put it on. I didn't know it was different. I may put it back on eBay and resell it.

DmaxMaverick
09-29-2006, 09:45
Won't work w/o modification, for a couple reasons. First, it is a direct-drive fan (no clutch). Second, if you have a serpentine belt, it is backwards.

Also, Flex-fans don't do well on Diesels. The are prone to blade cracking very quickly. The jury is still out as to why, but there's a lot of speculation.

ZZ
09-30-2006, 16:43
I am glad that I almost got into this. I looked things over and noticed that two of my fan bolts had come out. I tried to put in two new stud bolts, but the threads were too buggered up. I pulled the fan & pulley off to try to get them in. I finally got them started and had it about back together and one of the holes stripped out clean. At least I have three bolts holding it now instead of two. I reckon it's out of balance like it is now. I'll do something about the other one next week. I wonder if I can screw a bolt in through the back side and then use a nut on the fan side.

I have the stainless steel fan for sale on eBay. The item number is 270035029952, and I started the bids at $5.00