PDA

View Full Version : Help plz

catskinner789
09-25-2006, 11:54
the car is a 86 burb 6.2l
Ok here are the problem that i have encounter. When i tried to start the vechile after changeing the fuel pump (priming the fuel to the motor) on the third try when i turn the key back from the the strat position to off the starter kept spinning. I thien turn the key back in forth try to get it to stop, which it did not. I then tried turning my stereo on to see if there was power to the rest of the car and there is not. So i ran out of the car grabed some tolls and pulled the lines of the battery. Much smoke had been emitted from the starter. So I pull the starter and notice that the wiring in that went to the starter is shorting out on each other. So i replace the starter change up the batteries and when i tryed to start it turned the motor over two times slowly and then just makes a clicking sound. The glow plug lights go on and all the electrical in the car works so i dont think i wired in the strater incorrectly. Could i have gotten a bad starter or amk i missing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreiciated.

Thanx

catskinner789
09-25-2006, 14:15
sry to double post but for no apperant reason the starter is now working
but still not getting fuel