PDA

View Full Version : Cowracer timing question

Big Green
09-21-2006, 04:20
Cowracer,
Some time ago when you were going thru the new engine install mess you had recommended a local guy that had done your re-re-install.

Well, I've bitten the bullet and have the big green truck torn down as I type for timing gears/water pump upgrade/oil cooler lines/etc. As soon as it's done I'll need someone to set the timing.

Thanks
Big Green
'95 K2500
KD Exhaust
More to come...

Cowracer
09-21-2006, 05:49
Hmmm. I'll have to look and see if I have the guys number. I dont think I kept it. He was up in Hermann, which is a pretty good drive for an untimed truck. I think Sapaugh or Boemler could do it just as well.

Have you called them?

Tim

Robyn
09-21-2006, 07:22
If you are only replacing the timing gears (Chain) or ??? and the water pump you should be fine.
The computer will take over and things should be sweet.
When I did my 94 overhaul I had things all the way down and the IP on the bench for 2 months in a bag.
I marked the IP before removing it. I replaced the timing components along with all the other goodies during the rebuild.
I replaced the IP and aligned the marks.
The sucker runs just sweet. I had the timing checked a few weeks after the rebuild just to make sure and it was fine.
Checking is always a good thing but I dont think you should be off very much just by replacing the timing set, unless you have been fooling with the timing.

Best to ya
Robyn