PDA

View Full Version : front ride height 06 LBZ

drred4
09-13-2006, 21:52
Is their any other thing that can be done to level the ride height of the front besides the torsion bars. I mean that is ok with GM. I am going to put a front replacment bumper on and besides shocks and adjusting the torsion bars which I know can be done from another Dmax owner and some reading on this board, has anyone done any minor lifts that GM will be ok with.

what to look for with adjusting the bars, besides aligning the tires afterwords

Thanks

DmaxMaverick
09-13-2006, 23:12
Torsion bars, lift kit, rear shackles. No other option, short of changing the axle and/or suspension. There are a couple airbag suspension replacements available. Anything you do shouldn't worry your dealer. They just won't warranty what you do, or any part that is effected by it.

There's nothing wrong with slight adjustment of the torsion bars, like for leveling, or near leveling. Only problem is, the dealer may not cover CV joint, steering, or front diff issues, which aren't common in any case. There doesn't seem to be any more complaints of front end wear, compared to leaving it at stock Z height. On my truck, I (the dealer, under warranty) replaced the tie rod at about 30K, which was when I installed larger tires and cranked up the torsion bars. Now, the tie rod is nearing replacement again, but that's after 80K miles with 33" tires and the front end leveled with torsion bar adjustment only. I later added Bilstein shocks, and they helped a lot with control and jounce. Most folks forget about the shocks, and their important role in suspension performance.

I'm moving this topic to the 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/forumdisplay.php?f=13) forum.