PDA

View Full Version : By Pass 6.2 Glowplug Controller

jjp
09-10-2006, 11:36

Default By Pass 6.2 Glowplug Controller
I have a stock 83 chev 4 x4...6.2 diesel......I want to by pass the controller that is used to operate the glowplugs.......there is the solinoid relay on the driveres side fender that has the 2-wire plug that operates the glowplugs........everything works fine now but it sounds as if these controllers are problematic............

Is there someone who has done this?....... and can instruct me with step by step intructions to do this?........thanks
Edit/Delete Message

DLang
09-10-2006, 13:10
this is simple to do, there is one critical thing you need to do first though.

make sure your glow plugs are the self-limiting type, otherwise you can easily blow them up by running them too long (where too long is measured in seconds)

after that just hook up a momentary switch from 12v to the relay, disconnect the controller and you are done.

blockw5chips
09-13-2006, 01:02
I did mine. I bought a starter push button and an inline fuse and a 10 amp fuse. I left my controller(it doesn't work anyway) hooked up so the light on the dash would work, but like Mr. Lang said check your glow plugs, make sure they are AC60G's, these are self limiting and won't burn out like the OEM 9G's.