PDA

View Full Version : Difference between high performance injectors?

TurboDiverArt
01-05-2004, 03:41
Hi All,

I believe JK has posted that he pops his injectors to 2400 psi. I also remember other places popping them to 2200. Anyone know what pop pressure Heath Diesel and Pennisular Diesel pops them to? I believe there is also a different tip that is typically used. Do all 3 above use the same ones?

I too have been planning to replace them. With 120K on the clock I think it's time to replace the injectors. I'm pretty sure they are the original ones. One of these days I need to call the original owners to see what if anything was done to the truck. Not much was done by GM according to service records.

Thanks,
Art.

TurboDiverArt
01-06-2004, 03:31
TTT?

TurboDiverArt
01-10-2004, 07:48
TTT? Buhler, Buhler?

Peter J. Bierman
01-10-2004, 08:22
The main differance between normal and hi performance injectors is the nozzle.
I don't know who uses what but DN O SD 311 is used in combination with a higher pop pressure.
Everybody is very spooky about this subject for one reason or another.
If you use 311 nozzle and pop at 2300 PSI you have high flow/high pop injectors.

Keep in mind that raising you pressure will increase the wear on your pump, and if you do not have a special pump or performance chip it would not make much differance.

Peter

TurboDiverArt
01-11-2004, 11:38
Thanks very much for the input. Never thought about the pump having extra wear and tear.

Thanks,
Art.