PDA

View Full Version : Coating or wraping new down pipe

phughes69
01-05-2004, 00:34
I am getting a new down pipe this week and want to know if I should coat it or wrap it with heat wrap? Does either of these help with the efficency the same way as coating the crossover pipe?

TurboDiverArt
01-05-2004, 03:36
Originally posted by phughes69:
I am getting a new down pipe this week and want to know if I should coat it or wrap it with heat wrap? Does either of these help with the efficency the same way as coating the crossover pipe? It

MikeC
01-05-2004, 05:03
I would vote for doing both the downpipe and the crossover.

My plan is to get a new crossover, do it and the down pipe at the same time. I was going to use Ratdoc's suggestion of high temp paint directly on the pipe, wrap it, then soak the wrap with high temp paint.

Mike

pannhead
01-05-2004, 15:00
i have the downpipe,cross-over,and turbo wrapped and there is no noticable performance increase...the underhood temps are way down which does have lots of benefits

Uncle Wally
01-06-2004, 21:43
Same here as panhead. Although I have a Pen Diesel 250 hp turbo. I wish I would have wrapped the turbo outlet elbow and the turbine housing. Heat has caused hoses and wiring to melt. Anyone doing this mod should wrap these and the downpipe - in my humble opinion.

Waldo