PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Whirling Noise

96ccdd
08-29-2006, 08:45
I just replaced the crossover pipe on my 6.5 Suburban and now have a whirling noise that is speed/boost related. Is it just the turbo I'm hearing or an exhaust leak. I checked the seal between the manifold and pipe and all looks fine. I did replace the donuts along with the pipe.

Thanks
Mark

More Power
08-29-2006, 09:33
It's probably due to your being more tuned-in to the turbo sounds now that you've added a new crossover. Or, if you're missing a hamster... :D

Jim

Budroe
08-30-2006, 10:14
That is probably the turbo spooling up. If your crossover was leaking, like mine was, the turbo was not getting enough from the driver's side. Running with a leak like that will increase EGT's. If you haven't, open up your air intake with an aftermarket and put a new 3 inch downpipe on. I have done all of those mods and you can hear my turbo barking from a block away. Now that my crossover has been replaced by power has really jumped.

96ccdd
08-31-2006, 02:41
Yea, I kinda thought thats what it was but was not sure. On the 96 Crew Cab I had I installed the 4" from KD but not the crossover and picked up on the turbo sound real quick, this just sounded a little different but it is speed and boost related.

Thanks