PDA

View Full Version : runthenstop

black100
08-25-2006, 17:07
i have 93 chevy 3500 6.5 turbo. i will start it up let it for about .30 and it will shut down like it has air in the lines. it takes a little bit to crank it back up and run, then it does it again do the same thing after the thrid time it will run. what might this be thank black100

Robyn
08-26-2006, 08:18
Check that your lift pump is working!!
I am not sure if this year still had the mechanical pump or if it has the electric.
The mechanicals will lose the check valve and the fuel will syphon back to the tank and leave an air pocket.
If its electric make sure its working and it too will have a check valve.

Good luck and keep us posted
Robyn

black100
08-29-2006, 16:33
i found the problem fuel filter housing is leaking at the bottom. this year has a ele. lift pump do you know where i can get the houseing beside the dealer?????????????????????????????????????:D :D :D :rolleyes:

Bnave95
08-30-2006, 03:26
i found the problem fuel filter housing is leaking at the bottom. this year has a ele. lift pump do you know where i can get the houseing beside the dealer?????????????????????????????????????:D :D :D :rolleyes:
Quicker and better to by OEM,unless you have more down time than I:D

Robyn
08-30-2006, 06:56
I agree, a used filter housing could just be another debacle waiting to bite you plus costing you $$$ and the time to install it

JohnC
08-31-2006, 10:13
Click on "Advertisers" at the top of the page. Peninsular used to sell new takeoff filters. They may still. Also, Avant Salvage has plenty of good used parts.

The fuel manager has an o-ring seal at the bottom where the heater attaches. Also, hose connections leak with age, so maybe you don't need a new one.