PDA

View Full Version : Oil feed to turbo

JeepSJ
08-24-2006, 20:08
I thought I would be smart and just get a set of stock fittings and lines from the dealer. Right.... After ordering the fittings and line for a 95, I got a line and 2 fittings, none of which are the same size. Plus the block fitting, while it does have the correct NPT thread on one side, is 90* and there is no way it will thread into the hole in the block. The line itself has a 90* on one end and a 120* on the other. Not quite sure how that is supposed to fit into all this. And because the dealer had to special order this stuff, they won't take it back.

So, back to building my own. I'm having great luck with the braided steel and AN fittings for the oil and trans cooler, so I'm just going to do my own custom line. Shoulda just done that in the first place as the fittings and line will cost less than the dealer stuff.

I'm thinking AN4, which is about 1/4". Is that big enough, or should I go to AN6?

On a side note, anyone need a stock oil feed line?

DmaxMaverick
08-24-2006, 20:37
-4 AN for the feed line is fine. You'll want at least a -6 for the drain. -8 would be better. The feed line is pressure, the drain is gravity to the sump. Any restriction in the drain will result in the turbo passing oil into the intake.

JeepSJ
08-25-2006, 15:24
Thank you. I have the stock drain tube and it works perfectly with the MHI turbo. I just wasn't sure how much oil it needed to feed it.

arveetek
08-26-2006, 10:12
Yep, I made my own turbo feed line the same way when I installed my turbo. That's been two years ago now, and I can't remember what size I used....seems like it might have been AN6..?

Casey