PDA

View Full Version : chance to buy 05 LLY need help fast

nailem
08-21-2006, 15:03
my deal on a 06 fell through but i found an 05 with a LLY crew cab 4x4 LS it has 52000 miles and a fith wheel. i know 52k is nothing for a diesel but is there anything i should be worried about? i got the price down to $25500. i was smoked in and has a few burn marks, and some stone chips here and there nothing to bad. the bed rails are scratch real bad and the tail gate does not latch (which they said they would fix) it doesnt look racked just out of adjustment. what do you all think? i need to let them know tomorrow. what do ou think about the LLY and 5 speed ally. should i hold out for a LBZ? thanks for all your help.

rob from bc canada
08-21-2006, 15:59
With 52k on it, I think you only get 8k full warranty - not too long, powertrain through 100k.

The price seems pretty good. Advantages of 06 as per this forum so far do not seem to justify the difference in price, so my decision would be based strictly on value for money.

On the other hand, if the visible damage will make you regret it later on, that's another story.

Dave
08-22-2006, 04:09
Get the VIN of the truck and run a history on the vin. Check the service records. Find out if possible it has ever been in for Overheating.

Just my opinion but I would get an LB7 on LBZ truck. I had great service from my LB7 and so far from my LBZ. However I have nothing good to say about my 05 LLY except I no longer own it.

Kennedy
08-22-2006, 06:05
Price sounds decent so long as the condition meets your satisfaction.

STPETEBLUE
08-22-2006, 19:45
If it has what you want it to have, okay. Just don't settle. 25k is a lot of money for unhappiness later down the road.

Just my
http://www.efuse.com/What_s_New/two-cents-worth2.jpg

hapaschold
08-23-2006, 03:22
If it has what you want it to have, okay. Just don't settle. 25k is a lot of money for unhappiness later down the road.

Just my
http://www.efuse.com/What_s_New/two-cents-worth2.jpg

thats 2 cents of advice well worth listening to.....

i look more at the monthly payment aspect , used vs new, new interest rate less than used. i get an allowance from work on a truck so thats my reasoning.

our 01 2500hd chevy with plow at work just had 1500 bucks worth of work done to it, front brakes, shocks..rotors torn to shreads. bought used in nov 05 with 20000 miles, now has 28000 miles. i hate spending money on repairs, another reason i like new for personal use every 3 , 4 years at most.

nailem
08-23-2006, 07:48
well i ended up buying it. and i feel good about the it so far. the only things i noticed is the speedo kind of stutters, under normal acceleration the speedo needle is not smooth it goes up notchy if that makes since. the rear rotors are a little grooved up, i havent had a chance to check the pads yet.

i also read about the LLY's over heating and GM putting in a air box form a 06'. i have not read all the info on this yet to know more than just that.

i do love being in a diesel, i feel like i finally am driving a real truck! any tips or tricks i can do to it right off the bat for little or no money? i do not do a ton of towing so for now mpg would be my focus. thanks