PDA

View Full Version : Fluid capacities?

Tony J.
04-12-2004, 19:10
I'm contemplating the big switchover to synthetics from front to rear, and trying to estimate the $$$ damage. Anyone know off the top of their head what the tranny capacity is? How about the front and rear diffs?

Thanks,
Tony

Cooperrw
04-13-2004, 03:46
I, like you live in a very hot climate so have done the synthetic switch over as the fluids needed changing. Here's rough figures on capacities.
Eng-7 to 8 qrts
tranny-about 15 qrts for a flush
transfer-can't remeber this one :(
diffs-about 3 qrts
Hope this helps, it will deffinatly put a dent in the wallet!
:cool:

MTTwister
04-13-2004, 09:00
More ball park figures -

Transfer case - about 2 1/4 Qts - ATF. Hard to get in there too, may want to look for a hand pump system or turkey baster.I did mine with a funnel and hose, not much room to pour in the funnel, and slow draining with the gear just inside the filler hole. Almost wore as much as I put in.

The shield does come off - Torx heads with metric nuts backing them up on the frame.

Rear Diff - @ 2.75 Qts. Front About @ 2 Qts. (Pull shield on this one, too)

If your not towing - you can use 75W90. Heavy Towing 75W-140.
Check Amsoil supplier on this site for Good Deals on AmsOil ( Greg L )

Tranny - could be up to 17Q, as you might pump some good stuff out on the flush.

65-f100
04-13-2004, 11:20
Check out the Amsoil corporate website - www.amsoil.com. (http://www.amsoil.com.) They have a online application guide that lists the specific types of fluid for each vehicle and also lists all the fluid capacities for engines, trans, diffs, etc. Hope this helps!