PDA

View Full Version : 7004r Transgo Kit Question

darkroad
08-14-2006, 17:56
I just finished putting a SK700 kit in my 1992 suburbans 700r4 transmission and I have a question. Everything went smoothly until I came to the servo. It wants you to shim or remove shims until you can wiggle the band about
1/16 front and back. I found this hard to wiggle with the transmission in the truck so I did the best I could, With the shim it seemed tight trying to wiggle it with a screwdriver. So I took the shim out and it seemed to wiggle better. It runs well, shifts out all right and goes into overdrive and locks up ok but I am still somewhat bothered that I couldn't get a bettter feel for the servo adjustment.

It is a GM remanufactured transmission with a K case and about 20,000 miles on it.

After surfing for a while I noticed that most of the servo kits want you to measure with a dial indicator how far the cover pushes in before it bottoms out on the servo band pin. I tried this and it pushed in over 1/4 inch , so I added the gold shim and it still went way too far. How would you do it? For right now I just put it back where it was but I want to be sure that I have the band adjusted properly. I followed the directions in the kit for setting up the servo springs. Or should I buy a billet servo with a longer pin and grind off the end until I get .040 to .060 clearance?

Thanks

Darkroad

Robyn
08-14-2006, 20:05
Hi
I have had a lot of experience with the transgo kits in the 700
Its a BITCH to get a good feel on it but its better a tad loose as opposed to tight. If its working ok your fine. The 1-2 shift should be nice a firm if so your good to go. The band controls 2 and 4.
Sounds like your fine and I would not worry.
Robyn