PDA

View Full Version : Quality injector return lines?

84 Convert
08-09-2006, 21:26
I bought set of injector return lines from NAPA about a year and a half ago and they have already begun to crack. In fact I had a pretty bad fuel leak from one of them.

Has anybody found a great source for these, or will the answer be any one of the DP advertisers? Not to say the advertisers are not a good place to get them; rather, is one better than another?

TIA

Gregg

Robyn
08-09-2006, 21:45
I have had good luck with Dipaco brand kits.
many diesel shops sell these. I got mine off ebay this last time and saved a bunch over the diesel house cost

Robyn

NH2112
08-10-2006, 07:30
When I worked at the Bobcat dealership I just used a length of it intended for a Deutz-powered model, I think it cost about $7 and there was plenty to do everything. The same stuff- fabric-covered vitno, I think - should be available just about anywhere. Last time I got a DiPaCo kit I think it was $31 but it also came with the end caps, injector gaskets, and pump gasket.

john8662
08-10-2006, 07:51
I'm in the process of sourcing better line.

I do not like the line in the Dipaco (sp?) line kit. The internal rubber is too small and comes apart from it's outer cloth wrapping, making it a poor replacement if you ever have to remove it once it's been installed for awhile.

I buy line at a smaller diesel shop in town and he get's it in a roll and sells me what I need. This stuff is physically thicker and has been great for use on all my 6.2/6.5's. I just need to figure out what it is so I can relay it to ya'll.

More later...

Bnave95
08-12-2006, 03:12
http://www.kennedydiesel.com/detail.cfm?ID=41
Installed these 4+ years ago and needs no clamps

83Blzr62
08-13-2006, 10:05
I ordered viton tubing from McMaster Carr. I picked the size I needed and cut it to the desired length. It is expensive, but is biodiesel proof and will last forever.