PDA

View Full Version : Sudden loss of Turbo Boost

Gapper_ca
07-23-2006, 20:44
While i was on holidays this past week, i lost all my boost then the check engine light came on. stopped the truck and check all out, hose's were fine, then started engine, but no vaccum as i could easily move the wastegate. it woul d pull it closed but just barely. drove the last 40kms to the next stop to refuel, losts of black smoke pullung camper! about 1/2 way ther suddenly boost comes back on in a big way, over 10 pushing 14 lbs, then backs off to around 8-10.(it was at 10 the whole trip out to the lake and back until it died). had to make a ouple of stops then light goes out and truck runs great all the way home. Out of 1145 kms, had about 20-30 that tbhere was a problem. i am thinking that it is the wastegate selinoid... any ideas

Gapper_ca
07-23-2006, 20:50
just noticed that i lost my signature ...so here is an updated one...

john8662
07-23-2006, 23:56
Is the wastegate arm easy to move when the engine isn't running? You should be able to move it fairly easily, otherwise it's binding, is the bushing loose (wabble)?

If you didn't have any vacuum when you removed the line from the wastegate actuator, then it's related to the solenoid being bad, or vacuum line being broken somewhere or the pump is bad. I'd suspect it's the solenoid, especially since you're getting a check light.

I don't think they're that expensive though.

Gapper_ca
07-25-2006, 17:55
thanks, ordered one today. hope that will solve problem, all liines are good and lots of boost now, so probably a small hicup caused by the selinoid.