PDA

View Full Version : electic CUCV(where to start?)

86M1008
07-15-2006, 14:53
Hi guys my cucv has original 24volt hooked up still.When I got the truck no lights(head,turn,hazard,brake),black out, or horn would not work. it dosent have the glow plug thing next to the brakes on the driver side so glowplugs dont work.To start the engine i had to put 1 sec of ether in filter and the starter still worked.Engine runs fine with 40k miles. turning on the key only GEN 1(driver side) would light.put new belts on engine.The powerstering mount for alt tension bolt is cracked off(cant really tighten the belts).The engine used to shut off ok but then it started to diesel with the key out.(Had to plier the fuel drainback line to shutoff). Thought maybe the shutoff sol was bad or dirty. Some one told me to check if it was that or a diff elec problem causing it to diesel by taking off the wire to the top of the IP when running to see if it shutdown.When i went to start the truck back up no crank no GEN 1 light nothing?. Any help from those who mightve had this happen apprecited very much!

ambulancechser
07-16-2006, 06:01
I own an m-1010,which has an entirely different charging system than yours...(except for the rare few that did).so i can't really help you,but i can send you to people yhat can...

www.steelsoldiers.com

they have all the military tech manuals on-line.it's free,but do the nice thing and sign up please...thats free too.good luck.