PDA

View Full Version : I Got My H2 take-Off

TurboDiverArt
07-13-2006, 14:38
Well I got my Hummer H2 take-off

DA BIG ONE
07-14-2006, 02:50
Well I got my Hummer H2 take-off’s today. Also, I know I need to cut down the stock center cap to fit the H2 rims. I assume I need to cut off the bottom portion a little? Anyone know how much? Do I just remove the taper portion? Basically I’m too lazy to go outside right now and pull off a center cap (I know pretty sad…). I’m too busy admiring at my nice new rims! :D Art.

Best way is router table because you want to leave the little stubs that are behind cap in place. Tape edges first so plating stays intack and go a little at a time test fit unitl you are happy.

Nice wheels............

TurboDiverArt
07-14-2006, 05:27
I did some measuring this morning of the stock rims, center caps and the H2 rims.

My stock Chevy center cap sits 13/16 of an inch above the stock steel rim lugs mating surface.

On the H2 rim, my stock Chevy center cap sits 1-1/2 inch above the lug mating surface.

This tells me that I need to cut 11/16 of an inch off the bottom of the stock Chevy center cap. This should lower the sides by enough to allow the center cap

DA BIG ONE
07-14-2006, 08:46
I'm thinking that wheel centers on the lug nuts so the GM lugs from your 99 should do the job. I checked the Hummer web no mention of 2 piece conical lug nuts there.