PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Depot

83Blzr62
07-11-2006, 01:24
I don't know about others experiences, but I have had a horrible time. I odered my pistons and other parts (2000 dollars worth) in the first week of june. I just recieved my pistons today. I can understand that they took time to make so that did not bother me much, but the piston rings were just thrown in the box with the pistons, so they are very dirty and six are broken. The pistons also have small knicks in them that I am sure don't matter, but annoy me because I am a perfectionist. I do not know when the rest of my stuff will come or if they even remembered that i ordered it. I will call them tomorrow and see. But after this I would definitely spend the extrra money and go with the kenedy lower compression pistons. Everything I have bought from him was delivered fast and was in good shape. At least he has a warning that the pistons will take long to make. I was told two weeks, not a month and a half. I am probably just unlucky, but I thought I planned this ahead of time and now it looks like I am running out of time.

On a good note, they did give me 19.5:1 compression pistons that are ceramic coated with mahle two piece oil control rings for a good price. Too bad some rings were broken though.

83Blzr62
07-11-2006, 10:45
Well this morning I got a call. Wow I did not know that the diesel depot and the diesel page were so connected. I guess that the rings were supposed to be on the pistons not on under them so that is why they were broken. Turns out he sent the pistons 2nd day air on his dime to get them to me quicker so i could get my block machined and the rest will arrive shortly. I know they are trying there best, but I am running out of time and getting worried. Now there may have been miscommunication and he may have sent me .020 over instead of .030 over pistons and rings. I will see what the machine shop says. The small knicks and marks on the pistons I am sure don't matter. I work in aerospace turbine engine production so everything must be perfect. I think the ceramic would be near impossible to make perfectly flat without some imperfections. I am just worried that I will have to try and wait another 5 months till chirstmas to finish. I am very imprressed with Benny at avant. He is smart and really nice. I think my incident was a fluke. With the dirt in my new transmission and now this it seems I am not very lucky. I do feel better after talking to Benny and would trust him. Last night I just got worried.

DieselDobro
07-14-2006, 06:29
Not an isolated case. Use caution.

cschneider
08-03-2006, 20:50
I have to say that they are certainly nice when they screw up, unfortunately they seem to screw up too often.

83Blzr62
08-04-2006, 03:29
Yeah they are really nice, but their service is extremely slow. I still have yet to recieve some stuff. I am know I will be getting the last of it this week or next week.