PDA

View Full Version : Cut Out Fender Flares

DA BIG ONE
07-09-2006, 01:15
Bushwacker has cutout fender flares part #'s 40009 & 40010 for early 90's to 99 chev/gm trucks that allow up to a 33" tire on a 8.5" wide rim (standard backspacing) or 35" tire on a 10" wide rim (standard backspacing) (frt bumper trim) without the need for suspension lift. However, fender trimming frt/back is required, steering, & or bump stop may need some minor mods.

Any of you use em, can you provide feedback, or?

TurboDiverArt
07-09-2006, 08:18
And you wonder why your mileage goes down with bigger tires.... :D

Sorry, just couldn't resist!

Art.

DA BIG ONE
07-09-2006, 10:43
And you wonder why your mileage goes down with bigger tires.... :D

Sorry, just couldn't resist!

Art.

I still don't understand................just kidding.

JoeyD
07-09-2006, 14:29
I just bought a set from 4 wheel parts. I removed the stock flare and mocked them up but they stick out to far for my taste so I am returning them. They are also a cheap ass plastic not the same as the stock flares

DA BIG ONE
07-10-2006, 03:08
I just bought a set from 4 wheel parts. I removed the stock flare and mocked them up but they stick out to far for my taste so I am returning them. They are also a cheap ass plastic not the same as the stock flares

Thanks for the heads up.

Whats your thoughts on trimming them so they don't stick out as much?

stingthieves
07-10-2006, 07:45
Hi DBO,
They required SIGNIFICANT fender trimming but we couldn't be happier with the result. They are not the cheep ass plastic parts as you might first think. He has been bashing thru the Yukon brush on the Tananw river around Fairbanks. He has run it in mud drags. And driven in the worst snow. His glass stays clear and only a small portion of the sides of the truck are covered

DA BIG ONE
07-10-2006, 13:38
[QUOTE=stingthieves]Hi DBO,
I installed a new Flowmaster down pipe on my one ton