PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 mods

6.5diesel
07-05-2006, 21:41
I have a 97 2500 4x4, 6.5L and 5spd manual. What can i do to improve its performance and fuel econmy. It is 100% stock right now. any suggestions?

trbankii
07-06-2006, 05:56
You've come to the right place! Start reading the articles and forums. I'd recommend buying the book of 6.5TD articles - then you have everything in one place.

moondoggie
07-06-2006, 06:55
Good Day!

Ditto - buy all the back issues. One of the best investments I've ever made.

Start with getting air in & out - bigger exhaust etc. Kennedy Diesel, one of our advertisers, shows how to clean up the intake on his website, all it takes is your time & effort. I have his exhaust on my Sub, & highly recommend it.

Don't do anything else until you've got gauges - EGT & boost, minimum.

Blessings!

ogrice
07-09-2006, 14:44
Use the search function and buy the books. By looking at the sigs of the other members, you can gage the amount of work that has been put into their rigs. My original engine died and I did all the work to my truck. I had to do the job right or shell out big$$$ for a newer rig. If you haven't read it already, read the "Fuel mileage poll by GMC Hauler" thread. I'm sure that the info will be very useful to you. Good luck with your 6.5L journey for more power.

ronniejoe
07-10-2006, 07:27
Read the articles in my signature for a good overview. Also, get the 6.5 book and read about the Power Project truck.