PDA

View Full Version : Truck died?

Kev-o
07-01-2006, 18:29
Sorry guy's i tried a search but to no avail. Here goes, I was hauling a boat it was about 27degrees boat wheighs around 2500 lbs truck is a 98 3/4 ton 6.5turbo. Temp went up to about 3/4 on the gauge i was merging on to the highway and POP! sounded like a card stuck in the spokes of a bike (but very loud)and its exhausting out the intake filter and a very slight knock? Please help me on what could have happened and thanks in advance!

Kev-o
www.outlaweagle.com

Patrick m.
07-02-2006, 04:24
rocker arm retainer broke, rocker slid over holding intake valve partially open, causing missfire, and combustion sound in intake.
maybe.

Robyn
07-02-2006, 08:48
I agree with patrick on this one.
The rocker arm guides are a plastic button with a barbed end not all that unlike what holds the door panels on except heavier.
The button simply drives into a hole in the rocker shaft.
If the valve did not drop you be able to simply pull the rocker cover on the proper side and relocate the rocker and replace the button with a new one.
Good luck
Robyn

Kev-o
07-02-2006, 14:54
Thanks for the input, It seems that my rides wait until the garage is full of projects when they s&*#t themselves so it will be a few days/weeks till i can get rippin. It will still run i shut it down right away and there was no $cary metal to metal sound. But i should probably remove the heads and have a look?

Kev-o
www.outlaweagle.com

Bnave95
07-03-2006, 03:58
Thanks for the input, It seems that my rides wait until the garage is full of projects when they s&*#t themselves so it will be a few days/weeks till i can get rippin. It will still run i shut it down right away and there was no $cary metal to metal sound. But i should probably remove the heads and have a look?

Kev-o
www.outlaweagle.com
Pull valve cover first before heads.

Kev-o
07-08-2006, 19:00
Just an update not much time to work on it but it looks like the turbo is shot for sure it has major play and wobble in the shaft. And i have not yet gotten the valve covers off. BUMMER so far.

Kev-o
www.outlaweagle.com