PDA

View Full Version : New '06 Bling' 285/60/18 wheels/tranmission?

ISEEDIT
07-01-2006, 07:36
Greetings ~
It's been awhile since I have used this great site, but have been lurking in the back ground for several years. Took advantage of GM 72 month program and upgraded to a '06 (delivered to dealer end of march). I added several assassiories to the trk and the dealer (neighbor / owner) talked me into these new wheels / tires (285-60-18 Nittor) inlure of the stock wheels. He has them on his trk and pulls a 16000 lb fifth wheel all over the USA. He claims no issues with the tranny or rubbing. Any one else have these sizes on their trks or have concerns running that size wheel/tire. Will the rims and rubber handle that kind of trailer weight (as I will set mine up for a gooseneck trailer)? Will the tranny "learn" that wheel size?
Oh ~ If someone is looking for an '05 DMax extcab, short box 4x4 (vic red) with gooseneck hitch, it'll be on his lot next week - great deal ! Happy Independance weekend!
Thanks

More Power
07-01-2006, 11:40
To be safe & legal you could compare the weight rating of the aftermarket tires & wheels to those of your expected loads.

The Allison adaptive learn will adjust to the loads and driving conditions with or without new tires/wheels, but your speedo/odo won't have a clue about the tire size change.... Unless you re-calibrate for the new tire size. :)

Jim