PDA

View Full Version : Best Motor Mounts?

joed
06-26-2006, 15:03
I did a search and didn't get to much info, so...

It looks like my motor mounts could use replacing. Any preference in brand, or is stock gm the best?

Also, are the 82-87 the same or did they change over the years? Reason I ask is that one dealer told me they are discontinued for year 82 at least.

Thanks. Joe.

john8662
06-26-2006, 17:48
Last I checked you couldn't get engine mounts from GM for the 82-87 body style. I tried for an '86 and went home empty handed, but with a little more cash in my pocket.

Pioneer and Anchor make aftermarket replacement mounts for these trucks. I'd buy the Anchor ones personally, they're priced right. I think the Pioneer ones aren't quite as good, just from the set I installed.

If they come un-painted, paint them black though!

6-2 CHUCKVEE
06-27-2006, 18:14
I have used Offroaddesign's motor mounts on both my trucks , diesel and gas and they are awesome , for motor mounts . Web page Offroaddesign.com . Cost is $170 , it is also reccomended to get poly transmission/t-case mounts to prevent busting the bellhousing .

I DO work for them BUT I had them before I started working here .

snoman87
06-28-2006, 06:32
I used energy suspension motor mount. Sorry I can't find the part number right now but they list that same mount as a 350. It's much beefier than the factory mount