PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to board, stalling solved, rcvd new pump!

soterik
06-20-2006, 13:45
Newbie to this board, but have memberships to many other boards for other cars.

Thanks to you guys and this board for helping me get my truck back running again.

Had the usual stalling problem with my 99 6.5, read all the info the board had to offer. Replaced my fuel filter, cleaned the fuel filter housing...did a few other tests the board mentioned. Then took the truck in to the dealer with a request for them to review the Injection Pump/solenoid per the 0064 service notice. They had absolutely no clue as to what I was talking about... But, they pulled it up, the service tech printed out about 18 pages of paper from his computer, and said he had some reading to do, and he would get back to me.

He called 2 days later, and said they were installing a new injection pump under warranty. I ended up paying for a new lift pump ($240 installed), at that point I didn't want to argue (guess I could have, but I was happy to have the new injection pump).

Many thanks!

Eric Linden
99' 6.5, ordered as a utility vehicle with vinyl floors, bench seats, wind up windows, etc.

jspringator
06-20-2006, 15:05
Isn't the internet an amazing tool? I belong to a website for each of my vehicles, my boat, and my camper. These boards excel at the easy and cheap distribution of SPECIFIC information. I can remember anxiously waiting for the new issue of Trailer Boat magazine for 2 or 3 tech questions to be answered. Now You can do a search on a forum specific to your brand and get almost any question answered. I don't buy many magazines these days.