PDA

View Full Version : kennedy turbo master and new computer for my 98???

Vandermax
06-18-2006, 18:14
I am thinking of puting a turbo master, and a new computer that is updated from kennedy on my 98 suburban. I have done exhaust upgrades, and have made a homemade ram-air!! Has anyone tried these two things as an upgrade, and if so was it a noticable change in everyday driving pep!!?? I think it will all cost about 650 by the time I send back my computer to them. I am planning on stoping at the 06 TDP rendevous on friday, so I hope I can talk to someone about this. If anyone has done this on their 98-99 was it worth it?? Thanks for the info!!!

DennisG01
06-19-2006, 05:48
I chose to leave the vacuum controlled turbo set-up, but I did just get Kennedy's re-flash. Pulling my boat on the same hill, I saw an improvement over the stock computer. I was 6 mph faster, 6 seconds quicker, with 120* cooler EGT. In 0-60 times (nothing in tow) I went from 16.4 seconds to 12.8 seconds.

JeffsTowTruck
06-21-2006, 05:37
I bought Turbo Tech's Intercooler and had them do the computor flash. I guess that is like getting a chip ( in the older models). I can tell a big diff. Then trans even shifts better. I have not done anything to the turbo. I would think you would be pleased with the change.