PDA

View Full Version : Where is the drain hose for A/C interior evaporation unit?

bdv
06-16-2006, 09:56
I looking for the drain hoses from the interior A/C evaporation coils which are inside the Suburban for both the front and rear A/C units. These hose would have to exit somewhere outside for the water to drain out, but I have not seen them yet. I have water inside and want to make sure that these two hoses are not blocked. I have checked coolant levels and added dye to look with lamp as well as weather striping with no luck. Thanks for the help.

Brent

Warren96
06-16-2006, 12:48
Where inside do you see water? Is it in the front under the floor mats, or in the rear in the cargo area?

diesel65
06-16-2006, 13:34
If I remember corrrectly, the front drain is just below and to the passenger side of the high side tubing, there should be rubber elbow on the drain tube.
If you take the air filter box out, it should make it easier to see.

The rear a/c is very simple, crawl under the r/s rear of the truck and you should find the drain, there is a rubber cap with a slit in it to allow the water to drain but keep the crap out.

tommac95
06-16-2006, 18:35
On mine [no rear spaces] the forward drain was a gasketed aperture below the coolant reservoir along/on firewall; if both recollection and interpretation were accurate.

bdv
06-19-2006, 08:21
Sorry,

should have said I have water both on the passengers side floor in front and passengers side rear by the back doors.

Brent

ronniejoe
06-19-2006, 08:43
The evaporator unit for the rear A/C is near the rear of the vehicle. I am assuming you meant the rear cargo doors when you said "back doors". If so, you are probably dealing with water from the evaporators in both cases. The locations mentioned above are accurate.

Good luck.