PDA

View Full Version : 2006 LLY Intake Question

jamesm34
06-15-2006, 17:40
I installed an Airaid intake on my truck last month. Within 4 days, the SES light came on. Dealer stated a bad EGR valve. After the dealer repaired it, within a day the SES light came on again. Is this a common problem and is there a fix? Thanks for the help

DWRAT
06-15-2006, 17:44
Are you still using your factory MAF sensor? Is it pluged in 100%?
You need to check what code your getting. Any Autozone will check it out for free.
Dan

jamesm34
06-15-2006, 19:09
Yep it's the OEM MAF and it's in all the way. I'm not sure of the code this time, but GM stated the EGR failed on my prior visit.

BTW, Airaid just emailed me and said I need to disconnect the neg terminal for an hour to reset the computer. That'll be a pain everytime it trips.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll head over to Autozone and get that code

More Power
06-22-2006, 05:06
Hmmmm.... Did the dealer say whether they replaced anything or just reset the code?

At this point it's not clear whether the new intake is contributing to the problem or if you coincidentally have an EGR problem. It might take reinstalling the original air intake to help determine that.

Does the Airaid use an oiled filter element? If so, air filter oil could be contaminating the MAF sensor, and a squirt of oil-free carb cleaner will take care of it.

Jim

Kennedy
06-22-2006, 05:56
I would do as MP suggested and switch back to the stock intake first.

carco
06-23-2006, 17:53
My 05, LLY had an EGR code, do not remember #, but there is a service bulletin for whatever the code was. If the exhaust or intake has been changed from stock causeing an air flow difference from stock an EGR code may be set and GM will reflash the ECM for this problem. I think I posted the code in a previous post. Yours is an 06 mine an 05 but may still apply.? HTH bob..........