PDA

View Full Version : exhuast system

85-m1028
06-15-2006, 16:30
I went to a muffler shop today and got a qoute of $550 to run 3" duals straight back with turn down just after the muffler. This was better than the $860 from the guy down the street, "is this a good price??" I think the cheaper one doesn't have an H pipe in the qoute. I also need to include the cost of a set of HMMWV 6.2 exhaust manifolds, I am running a 4" cold air intake to a single plane HMMWV intake manifold with a k&n air filter for a 6.5 turbo diesel. Will I be able to run an 831 injection pump instead of a 829 with this set up or do I need a turbo? debating which route to go, save up for a turbo set up or squeeze all N/A power out I can??

john8662
06-15-2006, 20:42
Actually the exhaust price is pretty fair if they're gonna use pre-bent mandrel stuff. I had a single 3.5" system built for my turbo and an x-over pipe, and a muffler, it cost me ~650 (at little more in the end). It used all mandrel stuff, sure sounds good!

As for the IP, i'd use what you have, unless you already have the bigger pump. The 6.2 DB2 can be turned up, and it will put down enough fuel to make it run like a turbo engine.

gavio
06-23-2006, 15:59
If you don't have a set of 'em yet......

I have a nice set I'm not likely to ever get around to messing with......

I think I got pretty good deal on them, and would like to get my money back.

If you're interested, send me an email.

As far as exhaust system prices go, I got estimates a little lower, and at the time thought that seemed high, but it would appear maybe I was wrong.

Good luck!

ZZ
06-23-2006, 18:53
Mercy, you guys are being taken to the cleaners by muffler shops.

Three years ago, I had straight duals from the manifolds back to the back bumper with chrome tips put on my truck. It was only $110.

They were too loud for me and a couple of months later I bought 2 Flowmasters through eBay and the same muffler shop put them on for $25 labor.

85-m1028
06-24-2006, 09:54
Actually the exhaust price is pretty fair if they're gonna use pre-bent mandrel stuff. I had a single 3.5" system built for my turbo and an x-over pipe, and a muffler, it cost me ~650 (at little more in the end). It used all mandrel stuff, sure sounds good!

As for the IP, i'd use what you have, unless you already have the bigger pump. The 6.2 DB2 can be turned up, and it will put down enough fuel to make it run like a turbo engine.

ya I guess I'll try turning up the pump, I saw a good deal for a HMMWV 831 on E-BAY

85-m1028
06-24-2006, 09:56
If you don't have a set of 'em yet......

I have a nice set I'm not likely to ever get around to messing with......

I think I got pretty good deal on them, and would like to get my money back.

If you're interested, send me an email.

As far as exhaust system prices go, I got estimates a little lower, and at the time thought that seemed high, but it would appear maybe I was wrong.

Good luck!

I may take you up on those headers! I guess where I live everything is expensive!!

85-m1028
06-24-2006, 10:02
Mercy, you guys are being taken to the cleaners by muffler shops.

Three years ago, I had straight duals from the manifolds back to the back bumper with chrome tips put on my truck. It was only $110.

They were too loud for me and a couple of months later I bought 2 Flowmasters through eBay and the same muffler shop put them on for $25 labor.

WOW I want to go your muffler shop!!!!! they told me the 3" cost a lot more I had something like $350-$400 in my head when I went out looking. I'm just looking to dump the exhaust with turn downs just before the rear axle, keeping it tucked up and out of the way. There cant be more than a 5 foot run on each side!! thats not asking too much is it??

ZZ
06-24-2006, 14:02
I guess it's the differences in areas. That shop put a new tailpipe on my '85 full size Caddy for only $28.50 parts & labor in late '04.

gavio
06-26-2006, 18:10
Well, then again, that is an awfully long way from here.........