PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone installed an overhead DVD in a Suburban?

TurboDiverArt
06-15-2006, 05:44
Hi All,

Looking for some help. I

More Power
06-15-2006, 21:36
Since no one has chimed in, I'll give you my 2 cents.... :)

I needed to install a couple of speakers in Lil Red last summer. I wasn't sure where to put them, so visited a local car stereo shop I've known for a while to get their advice.

In the end, I paid them to do the install, while I watched.... Cutting into the door panels and inner door seemed easy to do - for them.... :D

The risk of breaking the various plastic trim pieces during removal is pretty high for someone who hasn't done it before. I know that an amateur had taken out the interior of Lil Red sometime before I got the truck because I found numerous broken clips and panels when I disassembled the interior. At least in a truck, all the panels go in/out in sequence - starting with the door sills during disassembly, and start at the highest overhead point during re-assembly. If someone tries to remove a panel out of sequence, it'll likely break when forced. I'm now pretty good at interior disassembly/re-assembly - in a truck....

So, for a first timer, it would likely be cheaper in the long run to have a pro do it. I don't know what color your interior trim pieces are, but GM replacements are only available in limited colors, with light gray being the predominant replacement color. You'd need to paint a replacement piece to match your trim if it's not light gray.

Jim