PDA

View Full Version : No power !!!

mjc8bal
06-11-2006, 22:08
I have an 83 jimmy that I have been running on moddified veggy oil for several months now with no problems. untill, I changed my primary fuel filter and didn't properly remove the air. resulting in my engine killing after 5 min of idleing. after this I purged my injection system and it worked fine except air bubbles getting trapped in my filter. I have now solved the problem of the bubbles but now have a new problem. It has now lost most of its power. I dont think its the injection pump, it feels like it has air in the system. but no matter how much I go around cracking lines, the problem doesn't go away. when I take it to the road to see what it's got. all its capeable is 55. but it feels numb anything over 1/3 throttle. I'm running out of ideas and don't have anyone near by I would trust to work on it. I am however within driving distance to kennedy diesel but I'm not gona stall and sputter my way there a 55. any help would be greatly appreciated.

More Power
06-14-2006, 15:24
What's the history of the fuel injection pump?

Your description pretty much reflects what I saw when I had a 6.2 pump go south. In my situation, power degraded over about 200 miles from normal power, to a slight power loss, to a big power loss, to it would barely idle. A new pump spruced it right up.:)

However, before making that leap, make sure your fuel filter is OK (not installed incorrectly or plugged again - for some reason) and that the lift pump is generating pressure.

Jim

mjc8bal
06-14-2006, 15:49
Well I figured out the problem. It was my secondary fuel filter. Just another testament to CHECK THE SIMPLE THINGS FIRST. I think I learned my lesson this time, how a $15 part can cause hours of headaches.

Thanks for your input though