PDA

View Full Version : Newb questions...

M1JohnnyWu
06-01-2006, 07:02
Hi group, I'd like to start by thanking all of you. I've been going through old posts all morning, and I'm amazed at the knowledge you all bring here.
I just bought an '86 K5 Blazer with the 6.2 NA engine, and I'm looking for an online parts dealer that sells replacement fuel and air filters. I'd also like to eventually replace the stock fuel filter with a spin on type. Any suggestions?
My only prior experience with diesels is with my M35A2 miltary truck, which is extremely simple as far as filter changes and maintainence compared to the Blazer.
Thanks in advance!
John.

john8662
06-01-2006, 07:41
Welcome to the forums!

Glad you're studying up on the information contained here.

As for the fuel filter, the stock fuel filter for your '86 isn't that bad, and filters can be had easily at most auto parts stores. You might try the usual chain auto parts stores such as Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Oreilly Auto, Napa, just to name a few. I know for a fact that all four of those stores do carry the filters for our rigs. They all have a searchable website to locate parts.

You can change your filter assembly to a Racor type unit, there are others here that have done it. Might do some searching with the search feature in the top bar of the forum and locate some reading regarding these units.

Enjoy the Blazer!

John