PDA

View Full Version : srewed up turbo oil return connector

snoman87
05-26-2006, 15:18
I broke the little aluminum housing for the oil return line on my ATS turbo ... I now have no way of connecting it to the top of the valve cover :( Anyone have any suggestions on how I could fix it or where to get a replacement. It the one that covers the square hole on the bottom of the turbo. It had about a 45 degree bend, a short hose connected it to the recepticale in the valve cover.

I am dead in the water until I get this fixed. I was thinking the part from a 6.5TD turbo but it's straight out.

Suggestions appriciated

john8662
05-26-2006, 18:58
Ouch!

There was a fellow in ebay that bought a TO4B turbo that had that connector still attached to it. I tried contacting him in the past to see if I could get that part off of him, because I knew it would come in handy to someone...

I know what you mean about it being specific.

Any way to repair it, what's broke?

I suppose you could use some copper 45's in the rubber grommet in a pinch, etc. Wouldn't want anything smaller though...

I've still got mine, but I can't part with it separate from the kit...

Yukon6.2
05-27-2006, 08:05
Hi
Can you take it to a machien shop and have it welded? You can always do some filing,or clean it up with a die grinder.Or have a shop copy it with a CNC machien?

snoman87
05-29-2006, 11:24
I broke off the little spigette that the rubber line connects to. It's on the floor of my truck for repair, just trying to find a boat propeller repair shop that well the aluminum back up.

I think CNC'ing a new one is going to be expensive ... if I can't repair it cheap I'll start looking cummins and upgrade the beast properly

DmaxMaverick
05-29-2006, 12:02
If there's enough material left, you can tap it, and install a barbed nipple. If clearance is an issue, you can install a threaded nipple, and extend it as necessary.

Any good welding/machine shop should be able to weld it for you. It's not rocket science. If a welder has to think about it, he's not a welder.