PDA

View Full Version : turbo wastegate solenoid problems

M.A.G.
05-22-2006, 20:02
Well guys I`ve got a wastegate solenoid that fails and when replaced last or operates properly for about 6 to 8 hundred miles and goes bad again I have replaced it 3 times with the same result each time. it seems as if what ever controls it is frying it after a short while any one experience this yet ?

BobND
05-22-2006, 20:45
Check (by tugging on the wires) for wires broken inside the insulation between where the come out of the harness, and the solenoid connector.

The solenoids may not be actually failing. There may be a bad wire that gets temporily "fixed" when you wiggle the wires while chaging out the solenoid.

DA BIG ONE
05-23-2006, 03:26
Mine was a PITA because the harness was broken inside truck as it come through firewall. To my disbelief the harness is right in an area where it can get damaged by passanger riding in front. What happens is when a passenger stretches out pushing off floor/firewall area they can put excessive tension on harness causing pulling of plugs from computer, or breaking wires, my case both issues reared their ugly heads.

Installed TurboMaster along with 10watt 50ohm resistor at comp to prevent SES for turbo circuit.

M.A.G.
05-27-2006, 07:03
thanks to BOBND -N- DA BIG ONE youguys hit it on the head with the broken wire at solenoid connector. three minutes to find thirty to fix it thanks again M.A.G.