PDA

View Full Version : Limp or Tranny Problem

jdevault
05-22-2006, 11:57
I have a 2006 3500 with LBZ. It has less than 150 mi on odo. Twice, it has downshifted and refused to upshift, no power and rpm limited.

DmaxMaverick
05-22-2006, 12:04
Welcome to the Forums!

Too many possibilities at this point. Have you checked the fluid level? If it was delivered low, it wouldn't be the first time. Limp mode can be commanded for so many reasons, it's just about pointless to pursue your problem outside of the obvious things in your situation. With only 150 miles on it, don't hesitate to get it back to your dealer if the simple stuff checks out.

jdevault
05-22-2006, 12:39
Fluid level is good. It is at dealer now. They have a good transmission tech but no good duramax people and they don't want to pay to train one !

DmaxMaverick
05-22-2006, 12:47
You're not alone. Good dealers are hard to come by. There are lots of adequate dealers, but few that are really good.

Good luck with your issue!

jdevault
05-26-2006, 14:35
Had truck at dealer for two days, problem did not reappear and no codes were in memory. I have had it back now for two days and the problem has not reappeared. WIll probably happen in traffic with the 5er attached !:eek:

jdevault
05-29-2006, 07:30
:mad: I has occurred again ! Less than 500 mi. Still no codes or DIC display info
Going back to dealer but so far it has not occurred while they are testing it !

DmaxMaverick
05-29-2006, 11:46
Too bad. Still, you'll have to get the dealer to do something with it, for what that's worth.

Describe exactly what's going on when it happens. Load, grade, tempuratures (ambient, engine, tranny), speed, gear, grade, etc. It should be pretty simple, but with no code.... Probably something stupid like a loose connector somewhere.