PDA

View Full Version : The classic stalling just got me

JoeyD
05-20-2006, 17:31
At 1st I thought it was out of fuel, then after it just started back up I drove to the station filled it up, changed the fuel filter and started driving then bam shut off again. I consider myself lucky as this is the 1st time this happened to me. I didn't even think of the pump as the 1st thing it could be. Almost 117,000 on it as it sits, still runs though.

tommac95
05-21-2006, 20:23
Filter....LP feed test.....................FSD. . . . ??

BrentN
05-22-2006, 08:43
And the best part is that you have time to get your filter bowl all cleaned up, take it to the dealer, all before the warranty runs out. Definitely go through the prep list before going to the dealer to minimize your pain and frustration.

I had mine replaced by GM last May and it has run great ever since...except for them not doing a timing relearn, and they left the grounds loose on the block, which caused some staling problems too!..minor problems though.. I got a new FSD and Pump out of the deal!

Beedee
05-25-2006, 17:53
I had a stalling problem last winter, thought it was a classic FSD failure, turned out to be a bad ground on the engine, check your grounds first, saved me a ton of money, check in the members area under the 6.2/6.5 reference section.