PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Exhaust from SS Diesel??

signgrafix
05-01-2006, 20:07
I am getting ready to upgrade my exhaust. I plan on keeping my truck for a long long time so the Stainless Steel Exhaust does appeal to me.
I think I have decided on the 4 inch Stainless Steel Exhaust for SS Diesel
http://www.ssdieselsupply.com/product_151_STAINLESS_STEEL_4_inch_Exhaust_System. html
Does anybody else on here have that exhaust on their 6.5? If so, what do you think about it? What is the noise level like? Any and all comments will be apreciated.

Hubert
05-02-2006, 04:38
I have there regular 3 dp 4" back & round muffler aluminum exhaust. Deeper tone and does have a little droan at highway speeds but sounds good. Not that much louder than stock if you like engine / exhaust music. But if you like a quiet ride it will be too loud. The SS & muffler looks different so it will sound different than mine.

But the big thing is the bends are probably the same. The kit fits but the hangers are worthless for bolt up installation. I had a shop install mine, well worth the $ for me. They welded up all joints and attached to factory mounts.

The other thing is the last bend turns out close to the back of the leaf spring. Mine hits so watch that. It clears sitting level but on rough roads or with load in bed it has hit with the suspension traveling.

William Fullington
05-02-2006, 06:26
i've been looking at the exhaust from heath diesel my self and am equally interested in peoples opinions of these systems. or any others people have.

redbird2
05-02-2006, 14:28
I install the Heath system last year when built the truck 4" fit fairly easily, remade the hanges so could use all the stock location and hanges. I kinda like to make thing look as stock as possible this system looks as if it came from the factory installed that way. I drove the truck to Spokane in July of last year the exhaust seemed a little louder that I was hoping for, I'm waiting for the truck to come back this week from the body shop this week color change, could handle the Pewter anymore had to have Red truck again ended up two tone red top pewter bottom panel. I purchased Dynamat to put on the floor and firewall to help keep some of the road/exhaust noise out of the cab also keep passanger side floor cooler.

Herman_Bolger
05-04-2006, 19:03
We have the 3"dp and 4" back system from ss diesel, fits ok, but like others have said, hangers are useless. It does have a bit of a drone at 60-65mph, but sounds great a 70-75!! Also have homemade air cleaner tube, works great.

lfytsmith
05-06-2006, 05:36
I purchased kennedy diesel 3.5" turbo back. Same price as SS but not stainless. JK does not send directions with his system but does have them online at his web site kennedydiesel.com . He sends enough hangers and clamps to use factory mounting locations. He did not send the ring clamp at turbo, $28 bucks at GM. I have exhaust layed out under truck right now and will install this weekend.