PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak

WayneT
04-23-2006, 16:52
I am having difficulty locating the source of a leak in my 6.2L rebuild project. A 2mm (1/16th) pin stream jet of oil is spraying up from the back top of the engine and I have had no luck finding it. Can you give me any ideas?

I have put in a new vaccum pump and gasket. Where the oil jets up seems to be to the right and back of the vaccum pump. I can get the engine to start (running rough as this is the beginning of my quest to get this truck up and running), but obviously don't think its a good idea to run it for any time!

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

many thanks

Wayne

ZZ
04-23-2006, 20:02
Have you checked the oil pressure sending unit where it goes together and the tightness of it in the block?

arveetek
04-24-2006, 13:14
I think ZZ is right on the target here. The oil pressure sending unit screws into a threaded port just to the right of the vacuum pump, and it's really hard to see it with the engine installed in the truck. I'd say that the sending unit is probably missing. The sending unit itself is rather large, shaped sort of like a bell, with a single wire plugged into the top of it. The sending unit is actually threaded into a 45 degree brass adapter that is then threaded into the engine block.

Casey