PDA

View Full Version : Difference between 93 and 94 6.5L TD

Beekeeper
04-04-2006, 14:27
Forgive the new guy here. I can't find the "edit signature" link that the directions told me to use so I have not added my signature yet.

I have a 94 Coachmen Catalina motor home with a 6.5l TD. I have a chance to buy a 93 pick-up with a 6.5l TD and want to know if there are any differences. I want to re-build the 93 with all the latest tricks and gadgetry and put it in the MH.

Thanks, Beekeeper

Bnave95
04-04-2006, 15:55
One big difference is the 94 is all electronic and the 93 will be mechanical controled fuel injection. You can take the 93 and use all of the 94 electronic switched over. Your Moter home with the electronic uses no cables and is all fly by wire.
You can learn more about this using the search and typing electronic injection and also mechanical

ronniejoe
04-04-2006, 17:01
For normal vehicles (trucks, vans, etc.) what Bnave said is right on the money. For motorhomes, though, it's not necessarily so. Motorhomes often have a chassis that is one model year behind the model year of the coach. If you think about it, it makes sense. The chassis manufacturer builds the chassis, delivers it to the coach manufacturer. Who knows how long some of these things are in transit. As orders require, the coach manufacturer builds the coach on the chassis and tags it with the model year that the coach was built in...not necessarily the same as the chassis. I've seen this many times with motorhomes.

The key is to check the emissions tag on the engine. It will give the model year of the chassis and the year of its emissions certification.

Beekeeper
04-04-2006, 17:41
Thanks for the rapid response. It may be that my "94" has a 93 engine in it. I will check those search parameters (thanks Bnave95) and go see if I can find the emission tags (thanks ronniejoe).

redbird2
04-04-2006, 21:22
I run large fleet of striped chassis trucks they had step van bodies on them none of them are electronic all mechanical all the way up to 2001 model year.

the fast way to tell is look at top of injection pump db2 mechanical will have pink wire hooking up to a power lead on the top right (pass) side of pump that is your igntion wire to engage and disengage fuel pump shutoff interal in pump.

electronic pumps have a 1" diameter cylinder sticking out of the top of the pump on left front corner that is the solenoid on a electronic pump.

hope that helps good luck

JohnC
04-05-2006, 07:06
I can't find the "edit signature" link that the directions told me to use so I have not added my signature yet.

Click on the "User CP" (Control Panel) button near the top of the page.